RADS list of things everyone should know about his or her vehicle.
Information is KING! Have you ever been asked a question about your car and really have no idea? Any time you need something checked or fixed on your vehicle it is good know some basic information. If you are out of town and can’t get to your regular mechanic you will have an idea of what to tell another mechanic. This also allows you to call around and get accurate quotes based on your specific vehicle.
Why not gather up some useful information and create a list of specific items for your car. Store it in notes on your phone or carry it in your day planner and you will always have the information you need in case of an emergency or even just a quick trip to a repair shop.
- The year, Make and Model
- The VIN (vehicle identification number)
- Your operating tire pressure
- Your Engine size in liters… example 2.5, 3.0, 5.0
- Your drive: AWD (all wheel drive), FWD (front wheel drive), RWD (rear wheel drive.
- Your maintenance schedule (when was the last time you had an oil change, what is it due for next? Etc.